Caroline McMillan Davey
Caroline lives in Somerset and has been a professional artist for over 30 years. She enjoys working with a diverse range of subject matter, and often works on location where ideas are sparked with drawings or paint sketches. Larger work is carried out in her studio, where she aims for a freshness and vitality that reflects the location and energy of being within the landscape.
In the last few years her paintings have been shown at many galleries, including the following :
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London
- Bath Art Society Exhibition at Victoria Gallery, Bath
- Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
- White Space Art, Totnes, Devon
- Churchgate Gallery, Porlock, Somerset
- Wychwood Art, Oxfordshire
- Affordable art fairs, Bristol and London
- Coves Quay Gallery, Salcombe, Devon
Artist's Statement: "For me the inspiration is simple . If I see somewhere beautiful I want to paint it. I don’t feel the need to fuss over the work too much, try to read into it, or change what nature has offered me. I simply wish to share with others who love nature and landscape as I do. I hope some of the magic of these places shines through, and can provide as much enjoyment to the viewer, as painting it did for me."