In All Seasons March 06 2015
Our new Exhibition has now been finalised.......we have lots of new works of art in the gallery - original paintings and prints, ceramics, jewellery, sculpture and craft items at affordable prices by both emerging and established artists.
The Tuscan landscape and childhood memories still bear a strong influence upon Giuliana’s current work. In an earlier statement she describes her first encounters with art in Italy as a child in her father’s mosaic studio. She refers to the “translucency of the mosaic fragment” and her “fascination with the vibrancy of colour” from the juxtapositioning of the pieces. These early perceptions, several years on, provide a language and a vocabulary for her pictures in terms of colour, surface, scale of which she uses in the construction of her tapestry-like, interlocking, angular-surfaced village landscapes.
Giuliana divides her time between painting (oils, acrylics and watercolours) and printmaking and we are pleased to introduce new paintings and prints as part of our Spring show.
image : Meadow Flight by Giuliana Lazzerini; linoprint price £48
February News February 24 2014
Our Spring Exhibition will open on Saturday 1st March at 10.00 am.
New into the gallery:
- A great range of original collagraph prints by Vicky Oldfield
- The Diva Series of ceramic figurines by Polish-born Edyta Szymanska
- Resin jewellery from The Paula Bolton Collection
- Handmade Silver jewellery by artisans from Israel and new jewellery designs from Jenna Perryman
- New paintings from established Purple Gallery artists.
The exhibition will continue until Saturday 24th May 2014